THE MILLENNIUM REIGN OF CHRIST
December 7, 2008
(Revelation 20:4 ď...and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand yearsĒ.)
I. PURPOSES FOR THE MILLENNIUM
A. Psalms 58:11; Matthew 5:12 To reward the saints of God.
B. Luke 11:1-4; Matthew 6:9-13 To answer and fulfill what is referred to as the Lordís prayer.
C. Genesis 3:17-19 To redeem creation from the curse.
D. To fulfill three Old Testament Covenants:
* Genesis 12:1-3; 13:16 The Abrahamic Covenant (a) that his seed would become a mighty nation, (b) Genesis 12:7; 13:14-15, 17; 15:7, 18-21 that his seed someday would own the land of Palestine forever.
* II Chronicles 13:5; II Samuel 7:12-16; 23:5 The Davidic Covenant that promises (a) from David would come an everlasting throne, (b) from David would come an everlasting kingdom, and (c) from David would come an everlasting king.
* Isaiah 42:6; Jeremiah 31:31-34; Hebrews 8:7-12 The New Covenant with Israel, in that (a) He would forgive their iniquity and forget their sins, (b) That He would give them a new heart, and (c) that He would use Israel to reach and to teach the Gentiles.
E. To prove the point that apart from the grace of God, regardless of the intelligence or the power of the human spirit, mankind is doomed to fail in every dispensation throughout history.
* Genesis 3 The age of innocence ended with willful disobedience.
* Genesis 6 The age of conscience ended with universal corruption.
* Genesis 11 The age of government ended with devil worship at the Tower of Babel.
* Exodus 1 The age of promise ended with Godís people enslaved in Egypt.
* Matthew 27 The age of law ended with the created killing their Creator.
* I Timothy 4 The church age will end in world-wide apostasy.
* Revelation 19 The tribulation age will end in the battle of Armageddon.
* Revelation 20 The millennium kingdom age will end with an attempt to destroy God.
F. I Peter 1:11; Romans 8:18; I Peter 4:12-13; II Timothy 2:12; I Peter 5:1 To fulfill all prophetic scripture pertaining to the Kingdom Age of Christ.
II. TITLES OF THE MILLENNIUM
* Hebrews 2:5 The world to come. * Matthew 5:10 The kingdom of heaven.
* Mark 1:14 The kingdom of God. * John 6:40 The last day.
* Matthew 19:28 The regeneration. * Acts 3:19 The times of refreshing.
* I Corinthians 1:8; II Corinthians 1:14; Philippians 1:6 The day of Christ
III. LIVING IN THE MILLENNIUM
A. Isaiah 2:5; 11:6-9; Ezekiel 28:26 Living in this period will bring peace to everyone.
B. Isaiah 9:7; 32:16; Jeremiah 23:5 This period will bring perfect justice for all.
C. Isaiah 11:1-2, 9; 41:19 The King will bring full knowledge to all his subjects.
D. Isaiah 11:6-9; 65:25 This period of time will usher in the removal of earths curse.
IV. THE CITIZENS OF THE MILLENNIUM
A. Matthew 18:3; 25:31-46 The saved people of the earth after the tribulation.
B. Isaiah 2:4; 11:12; Revelation 5:9-10 Saved Old Testament tribulation Gentiles.C. I Corinthians 6:2; Revelation 1:6 Christís church.