LANDMARKS OF THE BIBLE
September 21, 2008
Landmark- (an object that marks a boundary or serves as a guide, an event that marks a
turning point - WEBSTER).
Deuteronomy 19:14; 27:17 - Moses tells God's people that 'landmarks' were to be protected by
I. THE INSPIRED WORD OF GOD
1. II Timothy 3:16 - Paul tells us that "All scripture is given by inspiration of God..."
2. II Peter 1:21 - Peter tells us the the Old Testament was written by "holy men of God spake
as they were moved by the Holy Ghost".
3. Jeremiah 36:1-2 - Jeremiah was told by God to write in a book the words that God gave him.
4. Isaiah 40:8; Mathew 24:35 - God's word is sure and will last forever.
5. King James 1611 - God's word for the english speaking people of the world.
II. JESUS CHRIST VIRGIN BIRTH
1. Isaiah 7:14 - This prophesy states that a "virgin" shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call
his name Immanuel (God with us).
2. Mathew 1:18-25 - Mathew writes of the miraculous fullfillment of Isaiah's prophesy.
3. Luke 1:26-35 - Dr. Luke writes the details regarding the visit to Mary by the angel Gabriel.
III. THE SUBSTITUTIONERY DEATH OF JESUS CHRIST
1. I John 2:1-2 - The Apostle John tells us that Jesus died for the sins of the whole world.
2. I Corithians 15:3 - While Paul gives the details of the saving Gospel of Christ, he reminds
the church at Corinth that Jesus "died for our sins according to the scriptures";...
3. Hebrews 2:9 - The writer of Hebrews makes emphasis on the fact that Jesus not only
"suffered death" but that He "tasted death for every man".
4. I Peter 3:18 - Peter tells us that Jesus "suffered for sins... and was put to death in the flesh"...
IV. THE BLOOD ATONEMENT OF JESUS CHRIST
1. Mathew 25:28 - Jesus institutes the Lord's Supper and the new covenant in His blood.
2. Romans 5:7-8 - Paul teaches us that not only did Christ die for us, but we are "justified
by His blood".
3. Acts 20:28 - Dr. Luke writes that Jesus paid for the church "which He hath purchased
with His own blood".
4. Hebrews 9:11-12 - It took the blood of Jesus to "obtain eternal redemption for us".
V. THE BODILY RESSURECTION OF JESUS CHRIST
1. Acts 2:23-32 - Peter reminds the Jewish crowd that it had been prophesied that Jesus
would indeed be raised up from the dead and "sit on David's throne".
2. Acts 4:33 - The main theme of the Apostles preaching was that of the ressurection of Jesus.
3. I Corinthians 15:3-6 - Paul preaches the Gospel with emphasis on the ressurection and
the great number of eye witnesses that actually had seen Jesus after He had risen.
VI. JESUS IS COMING AGAIN FOR HIS CHURCH
1. John 14:1-3 - Jesus promises His followers that He will come again for them.
2. I Corinthians 15:51-53 - The mystery of the Rapture revealed to the church by Paul.
3. I Thessalonians 4:13-18 - The details of the Rapture given by Paul from the Lord Himself.