THE DESTINY OF THE CHURCH
September 14, 2008
I. THE RAPTURE OF THE CHURCH
( I Thessalonians 4:15-17)
A. (Revelation 4:1) The time period of he rapture is the end of the church age.
B. (I Corinthians 51-54) The mystery of the rapture. Millions of Christians will one day reach
heaven without dying.
C. The Purpose of the Rapture- What is the reason for God to catch His bride away?
1. (Romans 2:16; 14:12; II Corinthians 5:10) To judge and reward the church of God.
2. (John 14:1-3; 3:29; Revelation 21:2)- To prepare His bride for a heavenly wedding.
3. (II Thessalonians 2:7-12) To remove the church from the earth in order that the anti-christ
might be revealed and God begin to pour out his wrath against a Godless, lost world.
II. THE JUDGMENT SEAT OF CHRIST
A. (Romans 14:10-12; I Corinthians 3:13; II Corinthians 5:10)- After the church has run her
course, God will gather every member of Christ's church to the Judgment Seat of Christ.
B. (Revelation 19:7-8) The time period seems to be during the first part of the tribulation.
C. (I Corinthians 3:6-15) The reason for the judgment seat is to receive or lose rewards earned
or lost as a Christian during our life time on earth.
D. The crowns of rewards given at the Judgment Seat of Christ:
1. ( I Corinthians 9:25)- The incorruptable crown- given to those who master the old nature.
2. (I Thessalonians 2:19-20)- The crown of rejoicing- given to soul winners.
3. (James 1:2-3; Revelation 2:10)- The crown of life- given to those who endure temptation.
4. (II Timothy 4:8)- The crown of righteousness- For those who love the doctrine of the rapture.
5. ( II Timothy 4:1-2)- The crown of glory- given to faithful preachers and teachers.
III. THE MARRIAGE OF THE LAMB AND HIS CHURCH
The Bible teach us that there is coming a day when the most wonderful wedding of all time will
take place. The time period is after God destroys Babylon (Revelation 19:1-7).
A. (Mathew 22:2; 25:1; Luke 12:35-36) The marriage described by Jesus is parables.
B. (Revelation 19:7) The marriage described by John.
C. (Luke 14:16-23) The host of the marriage.
D. (Mathew 3:17; 17:5; Luke 5:32-35) The Bridegroom of the marriage.
E. (Ephesians 5:22-32; II Corinthians 11:2) The Bride of the marriage.
F. ( Revelation 19:7-8; 21:9-10) The place of the marriage and the marriage supper.
IV. THE MILLENNIUM KINGDOM
(The 1000 year reign of Jesus Christ)
A. (Revelation 20: 4-6) The fact of the millennium kingdom.
B. (Revelation 19:19-21; 20:1-3) The time period is right after the battle of Armeggedon.
C. (Mathew 25: 31-36; Revelation 5:9-10, 20:6) The purpose for the millennium.
V. THE GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT
(Revelation 20:11-15) The last great judgment of all earths unbelievers and their destiny.
VI. A NEW HEAVEN AND A NEW EARTH
A. (Revelation 21:1) God does away with the 'old earth' and 'old heaven' and creates them anew.
B. (Revelation 21:4) It is only after all the judgments are complete that God finally wipes away
all tears, and death, and sorrow, and crying, and all pain.
C. (Revelation 21:9-25) The city of New Jerusalem, our final home forever with our blessed Lord.