December 26, 2010
Prophecy- A message communicated to a prophet which is then communicated to others which involves divine inspiration or revelation of future events.
Messianic Prophecy- A collection of over 300 prophecies in the Hebrew Scriptures which detail many facts about the Messiah whom the Jewish nation have been waiting for since Moses writings.
These prophecies or predictions regarding the Messiah were written by multiple authors, in numerous books of the Bible over 1,000 years. The Messianic prophecies are exciting and motivational for the believer today because of the discoveries of the Dead Sea Scrolls and the reliability of the Septuagint.
The Dead Sea Scrolls are a collection of 972 documents of the oldest known copy's of the Hebrew bible found in caves on the NW shore of the Dead Sea.
The Septuagint is the Koine Greek translation of the oldest Hebrew Bible.
Both of these findings have been proven to be in existence long before Jesus Christ was born on earth and the majority of the Messianic prophecies are found within these writings.
Luke 24:25-26, 44 When Jesus had risen from the dead and communed with His disciples He rebuked them for their unbelief and lack of knowledge of the Scriptures and told them that all things written from the Old Testament must be fulfilled concerning Him.
· Isaiah 7:14 He will be born of a virgin Matthew 1:21-23
· Genesis 12:1-3; 22:18 He would be a descendant of Abraham Matthew 1:1; Galatians 3:16
· Genesis 49:10 he would have to be a member of the tribe of Judah Luke 3:23; Hebrews 7;14
· II Samuel 7:12-16 he would have to be a descendant of King David Matthew 1:1
· Micah 5:2 He would be born in the village of Bethlehem Matthew 2:1; Luke 2:4-7
· Hosea 11:1 He would have to be taken to Egypt Matthew 2:14-15
· Jeremiah 31:15 King Herod killing of the infants Matthew 2:16-18
· Isaiah 35:5-6 He would perform miracles Matthew 9:35
· Isaiah 61:1 He would preach good news Luke 4:14-21
· Zechariah 9:9 He would enter Jerusalem as a king on a donkey Matthew 21:4-9
· Psalm 118:22 He would be rejected by the Jews as Messiah I Peter 2:7-8
· Psalm 41:9 He would be betrayed by a friend Luke 22:3-4; John 13:18
· Zechariah 11:12 He would be sold for 30 pieces of silver Matthew 26:14-15
· Isaiah 53:7 He would stand silent before His accusers Matthew 27:12-14
· Isaiah 52:14 He would be beaten Matthew 27:26
· Psalm 22:16 They would pierce His hands and His feet Matthew 27:31
· Isaiah 53 12 He would be crucified with thieves Matthew 27:38
· Zechariah 12:10 They would pierce His side John 19:34
· Psalm 34:20 He would not have any broken bones John 19:32-36
· Isaiah 53:9 He would be buried in a rich mans tomb Matthew 27:57-60
· Psalm 22:18 The soldiers would cast lots for His garments John 19:23-24
· Psalm 16:10 He would rise from the dead Mark 16:6; Acts 2:31
· Psalm 68:18 He would ascend up into heaven Acts 1:9
· Psalm 110:1 He would sit down at the right hand of God the Father Hebrews 1:3